Welcome to Yan Yan’s Homepage
I am an associate professor with the School of Informatics at Xiamen University, China.
I received the PhD degree in information and communication engineering from Tsinghua University, China, in 2009. My supervisor is Prof. Yu-Jin Zhang. I obtained my Bachelor’s degree from University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, in 2004.
I worked at Nokia Japan R&D center as a research engineer (2009-2010) in the Imaging Software Team led by Jiunn Bay, and Panasonic Singapore Lab as a project leader (2011) in the Media Processing Group led by Shengmei Shen. I have published more than 80 papers in the international journals and conferences including the IEEE T-PAMI, IJCV, IEEE T-IP, IEEE T-MM, IEEE T-AC, IEEE T-CYB, IEEE T-CSVT, IEEE T-ITS, PR, ICCV, ECCV, ACM MM, AAAI, etc.
I am an IEEE member. Currently, I serve as an associate editor of Neurocomputing and a young associate editor in Journal of image and Graphics (JIG, 中国图象图形学报 in Chinese) and an active reviewer for several international journals (including IEEE T-PAMI, IJCV, IEEE T-NNLS, IEEE T-IP, IEEE T-MM, Neurocomputing) and conferences (including CVPR 2021, ECCV 2020, AAAI 2021, AAAI 2020, PRCV 2020, ICCV 2019, etc).
My interests focus on computer vision and pattern recognition, especially the following topics.
- facial attribute analysis
- facial expression recognition
- person re-identification
- semantic segmentation
- object detection and tracking
- face detection, tracking, recognition
- robust model fitting
Call for papers Neurocomputing Special Issue on “Deep Learning with Small Samples”.
Submission Deadline: April 15, 2020.
- Xiaokang Zhang, Yan Yan*, Jing-Hao Xue, Yang Hua, Hanzi Wang. Semantic-Aware Occlusion-Robust Network for Occluded Person Re-Identification. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 2020.Link
- Genshun Dong, Yan Yan*, Chunhua Shen, Hanzi Wang. Real-Time High-Performance Semantic Image Segmentation of Urban Street Ccenes. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2020. [PDF]Link
- Yan Yan*, Ying Huang, Si Chen, Chunhua Shen, Hanzi Wang. Joint Deep Learning of Facial Expression Synthesis and Recognition. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 2020. [PDF]Link
- Longbiao Mao, Yan Yan*, Jing-Hao Xue, Hanzi Wang. Deep Multi-task Multi-label CNN for Effective Facial Attribute Classification. IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, 2020. [PDF]Link
- Taotao Lai, Hanzi Wang, Yan Yan, Tat-Jun Chin, Jin Zheng, Bo Li. Accelerated Guided Sampling for Multi-Structure Model Fitting. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, 2020.
- Yan Yan, Zizhao Zhang, Si Chen, Hanzi Wang*. Low-Resolution Facial Expression Recognition: A Filter Learning Perspective. Signal Processing, 169 (107370):1-13, 2020. Link
- Yihan Du, Yan Yan*, Si Chen, Yang Hua. Object-Adaptive LSTM Network for Real-time Visual Tracking with Adversarial Data Augmentation. Neurocomputing, 2020. [PDF]
- Guanjun Guo, Hanzi Wang*, Yan Yan, Liming Zhang, Bo Li, Large Margin Deep Embedding for Aesthetic Image Classification. SCIENCE CHINA Information Sciences, 2020, 63(1): 119102. [PDF]
- Guobao Xiao, Xiong Zhou, Yan Yan, Hanzi Wang*. A Two-Step Hypergraph Reduction based Fitting Method for Unbalanced Data. Pattern Recognition Letters, 2020.
- Guanjun Guo, Hanzi Wang*, Yan Yan, Jin Zheng, Bo Li, A fast face detection method via convolutional neural network, Neurocomputing, 2020. [PDF]
- 杨婉香，严严*，陈思，张小康，王菡子. 基于多尺度生成对抗网络的遮挡行人重识别方法. 软件学报(In Chinese), 2020. [PDF]
- 郭翰林，肖国宝，严严，林舒源，王菡子*，基于偏好统计数据表征的鲁棒几何模型拟合方法。计算机学报(In Chinese)，2020.
- Delian Ruan, Yan Yan*, Si Chen, Jing-Hao Xue, Hanzi Wang. Deep Disturbance-disentangled Learning for Facial Expression Recognition, Proceedings of the ACM Multimedia (MM), 2020.
- Hanzi Wang*, Guobao Xiao, Yan Yan, David Suter. Searching for representative modes on hypergraphs for robust geometric model fitting. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI), 41(3):697-711, 2019. [PDF]
- Guobao Xiao, Hanzi Wang*, Yan Yan, David Suter, Superpixel-Guided Two-View Deterministic Geometric Model Fitting. International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), 127(4):323-339, 2019. [PDF]
- Wanxiang Yang, Yan Yan*, Si Chen. Adaptive Deep Metric Embeddings for Person Re-Identification under Occlusions. Neurocomputing, 336:56-66, 2019. [PDF]
- Liao Zhang, Yan Yan, Lin Cheng, Hanzi Wang*. Learning Object Scale with Click Supervision for Object Detection. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 26(11):1618-1622, 2019.
- Guobao Xiao, Hanzi Wang*, Yan Yan, Liming Zhang. Robust geometric model fitting based on iterative Hypergraph Construction and Partition. Neurocomputing, 336:115-127,2019.
- Shuyuan Lin, Guobao Xiao, Yan Yan, Hanzi Wang*, David Suter. Hypergraph Optimization for Multi-structural Geometric Model Fitting. Proceedings of AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2019. [PDF]
- Luo Xiong, Yanjie Liang, Yan Yan, Hanzi Wang*. Correlation filter tracking with adaptive proposal selection for accurate scale estimation. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo, 2019.
- Xiangbang Meng, Yan Yan*, Si Chen, Hanzi Wang. A cascaded noise-robust deep CNN for face recognition. Proceedings of International Conference on Image Processing, 2019.
- Lijian Lin, Haosheng Chen, Yanjie Liang, Yan Yan, Hanzi Wang*. Robust visual tracking via statistical positive sample generation and gradient aware learning. ACM MM Asia, 2019.
- Zizhao Zhang*, Fuyong Xing, Hanzi Wang, Yan Yan, Ying Huang, Xiaoshuang Shi, Lin Yang. Revisiting graph construction for fast image segmentation. Pattern Recognition (PR), 78: 344-357, 2018.
- Guanjun Guo, Hanzi Wang*, Wan-Lei Zhao, Yan Yan, Xuelong Li. Object discovery via cohesion measurement. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics (T-CYB), 48(3): 862-875, 2018. [PDF]
- Ni Zhuang, Yan Yan*, Si Chen, Hanzi Wang, Chunhua Shen. Multi-label learning based deep transfer neural network for facial attribute classification. Pattern Recognition (PR), 80:225-240, 2018. [PDF]
- Guanjun Guo, Hanzi Wang*, Chunhua Shen, Yan Yan, Mark Liao. Automatic image cropping for visual aesthetic enhancement using deep neural networks and cascaded regression. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia (T-MM), 20(8):2073-2085, 2018. [PDF]
- Ying Huang, Yan Yan*, Si Chen, Hanzi Wang. Expression-targeted feature learning for effective facial expression recognition. Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 55, 677-687, 2018.
- Guobao Xiao, Xing Wang, Hailing Luo, Jin Zheng, Bo Li, Yan Yan, Hanzi Wang*. Conceptual space based model fitting for multi-structure data. Neurocomputing 315: 115-127 (2018)
- Yanjie Liang, Qiangqiang Wu, Yi Liu, Yan Yan, Hanzi Wang*. Robust Correlation Filter Tracking with Shepherded Instance-Aware Proposals, Proceedings of the ACM Multimedia (MM), 2018.
- Qiangqiang Wu, Yan Yan, Yanjie Liang, Hanzi Wang*. DSNet: Deep and Shallow Feature Learning for Efficient Visual Tracking. Proceedings of Asian Conference on Computer Vision, ACCV, 2018. [PDF]
- Ni Zhuang, Yan Yan*, Si Chen, Hanzi Wang. Multi-task learning of cascaded CNN for facial attribute classification. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2018. [PDF]
- Yihan Du, Yan Yan*, Si Chen, Yang Hua, Hanzi Wang. Object-Adaptive LSTM network for visual tracking. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2018.
- Chunguang Qie, Guo Guanjun, Yan Yan, Zhang Liming, Hanzi Wang*. Improved correlation filter tracking with hard negative mining. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2018.
- Jian Liao, Guanjun Guo, Yan Yan, Hanzi Wang*. Multiscale cascaded scene-specifc convolutional neural networks for background subtraction. Proceedings of the Pacific-Rim Conference on Multimedia (PCM), 2018.
- Undergradute Course: Digital Signal Processing
- Undergradute Course: Introduction to Computer Science and Technology
Hanzi Wang Xiamen University, China
Jing-Hao Xue Department of Statistical Science, University College London, UK
Chunhua Shen University of Adelaide, Australia
David Suter Edith Cowan University, Australia
Yang Hua Queen’s University Belfast, UK
Si Chen Xiamen University of Technology, China
Address: Computer Science Department, Xiamen University, Fujian, China.
E-mail: yanyan at xmu.edu.cn